Life After Caregiving
Permission to Live
When we have been the daily caregiver for someone we love and they die, we experience profound loss. For most of us there are feelings of relief and guilt, moments of sadness and grief as well as hope for renewed life and connection with friends and activities. The experience of caring for a loved one - whether a spouse, a parent or friend - changes us. With a combination of grief and extra time on our hands, we can feel empty and at loose ends. This workshop is designed to support you in reconnecting with yourself.
As a participant, you will have an opportunity to:
- Practice giving yourself permission to live your life.
- Consider your health, your identity, your values, passions and gifts.
- Learn techniques for dealing with guilt and worry.
- Connect with others who are also learning to give themselves permission to live.
- Explore having a full life after caregiving.
Julie Interrante, MA will facilitate the group. There will be time for reflection, exploration and connection. This is the first of a total of ten sessions.
RSVP is required to attend this support group please email Stephanie Wilson at email@example.com or call 916-808-1591.
Cost to attend the entire series is $20 due at the first class (limited scholarship is available). Cash, check or credit card accepted. Free street parking. A light lunch is provided.