Link2Care is a password protected online information and support program for California caregivers of an adult with dementia. Caregivers have access to the online discussion group and regularly updated website 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Link2Care is designed to complement and enrich services currently delivered by Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center. Family Caregivers enrolled in Link2Care have 24-hour access to:
- A secure website with caregiving decision-making tools;
- Consultation with experts in medicine, law and caregiving;
- A moderated caregiver discussion group;
- An interactive journal;
- A personal profile and action plan;
- A comprehensive dementia care information library;
- A caregiver information library;
- A database of local community resources; and
- Other specialized information resources.
Link2Care is designed for caregivers of cognitively impaired individuals (those with Alzheimer's disease, Lewy body disease, stroke, Parkinson's-related dementia and similar conditions). Often isolated and faced with 24-hour caregiver responsibilities, families find it difficult to take advantage of support resources available only during typical business hours. Link2Care is designed to be there for caregivers, day or night, and access is not limited by geographic barriers or time constraints due to employment or exhaustion from overwhelming caregiving demands.
If you live in California you can register on-line at Link2Care.