(Full-time 40 hours/week)
Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center is a non-profit agency dedicated to helping family caregivers improve their overall well being throughout the caregiving process. We are seeking a well-organized professional for the position of Family Consultant.
The Family Consultant provides direct and indirect social services to family caregivers of physically and cognitively impaired adults through Intake, Assessment, Information & Referral, Family Consultation, Care Management, Counseling, Support Groups, and Education Classes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Gerontology, or related field. A Master’s degree or Licensed Therapist (or Associate) preferred.
· At least one year experience in social service working with seniors, disabled, healthcare or mental health.
· Thorough understanding of the needs of family caregivers and long-term-care issues
· Extensive knowledge of community resources, especially those for family caregivers
· Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
· Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred
· Willingness to travel within our 13-County area with reliable transportation
· Ability to work independently on concurrent multiple assignments
· Willingness to work as part of a team
· Commitment to Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center’s mission
This position is a full-time (40 hours/week), benefited position, based in Citrus Heights. Salary is based on experience.
To apply: Please email or fax your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Clinical Consultant,
Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center
Please visit www.deloro.org for more information about our agency and services.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Friendly Volunteers NEEDED!
Do you love people? Do you love Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center? We are looking to fill several volunteer positions at Del Oro and we need your help! Whether you can spare a few hours a week or able to make a more significant time commitment, please consider becoming a Del Oro volunteer.
We can use your help in the following areas:
• Special events, including our annual fundraiser
• Office help
• Speaking engagements
If you are interested, please contact Amber Henning, Executive Assistant with Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center at email@example.com or call 916-728-9333 x100.